Thursday, September 30, 2010

Growing Pains?

I wrote this about what it felt like to be growing up. Now I don't really care about achieving ultimate maturity anymore and I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to be growing and changing forever. I still like it though. PostScript. It is not right to steal people's poems so don't do it. But if you do, let me know in an anonymous message. I might be flattered and forgive...


Species that hibernate
Will tell you of a lazy awakening from their youth to ripe wisdom
But I have to watch it all happen
I’m stuck at the midpoint; middle-aged mind in teenage skin.
Specks of maturity will often spurt splashes of surprise in between la-di-dah childlikeness
And I seldom impart wisdom because I’m too busy learning my own momentous lessons on honor love and cuisine, But when I do it’s beyond my years.
Like alcohol.
Growing is uncomfortable for me
Painful like feet expanding without room in sturdy brown dress shoes
Sometimes I’m radiating, a neutron bombarded molecule.
Other times I’m dull Dynamic in evolution sometimes or no movement at all
Perfume on blue flames yet so incredibly still
Spring comes and reiterates growth, but I respond with little blooming in season and the obstinacy of weeds out of it.
I think I’ll spend forever on the brink
A few seconds from hatching
Always waiting to butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment