Monday, April 18, 2011

From the Beloved


             Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for 
              love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave.” 
                                           Song of Solomon 8:6


Maker, Your excellence cannot be taken in standing
Your beauty leaves me in the type of state
That can only embark on a remark on your remarkableness.
Last night I stargazed
After the warm spring flowers had hidden under the dark
And I missed You terribly
Longed to hear You again
Touch your Presence
Bathe in the lucid waters of Your Love
Waltz in the savanna of your Grace
So I read Isaiah’s forty third chapter, verses 2-4 and volts of love ran down my spine in rapid succession
Who is worthy to be ransomed by You?
Worthy to be called daughter of the Majesty?
Whose idea of you, in all its fascination can ever approach the Shekinah?
Yet my Lord thinks of me, more than the sands of beaches, more than the stars
You celebrate over me, proposing an exchange of hearts
You have christened me Precious Jewel
Called me Your dwelling place
And I am simply
Awestruck . Wordless . Undone
At the Wonder that You are

No comments:

Post a Comment