Thursday, February 14, 2013

Broken


If broken rocks and glass and things

Can be the shimmering bed of oceans

Then I can be like strings for your fingers

And you can make me lovely

If the dawn is drowned by shadows

And the water is dark like the sand, like the birds, like the trees, like the air

I can color your bland evenings

While we remember what it was to drink sun rays by the river together

We have been weathered by many storms

Into a subservient mortal romance

And instead of bursting through the cracks

Of the rocks when we crashed

We lost momentum

Watered down

Until our tears surrounded us like a stillborn stream

But I beg you to unearth the divine love

That can set us ablaze again.

 

If I were to lock up my affection

No prison has enough rooms

If I were to pour out my shatteredness

No cello has enough anguish.

No comments:

Post a Comment